Do you have to stay in our shelter to utilize our services?
No! Harbor House offers six key programs that are all available to everyone in our community. Here is a high-level look at the programs we offer:
- Children and Youth Program (individual and group support, advocacy, and education)
- Adult Program (individual and group support, advocacy, and referral)
- Shelter Program (a safe place, 24-hour crisis helpline, and emergency transportation)
- Community Education Program (prevention education primarily in schools, training for professionals, and community presentations)
- Domestic Violence Intervention Program (perpetrator assessments, education sessions, and monitoring of treatment programs)
- Volunteer Program (opportunities for ongoing adult and teen involvement)
Our Shelter Program is our most widely known program of Harbor House but it is not the biggest or most widely utilized. Only one-third of the individuals we serve in a year need to utilize our shelter, which means that nearly 66% of the individuals and families that come to us benefit from the many other programs that we offer without ever staying in our shelter. Within these programs are services such as one-on-one advocacy, support groups, economic advocacy, legal advocacy, safety planning, our rural outreach program, prevention education, and so much more. These services are all free, confidential and available for anyone that has experienced/experiencing the hardships of domestic abuse. We feel beyond blessed to have such a beautiful facility in which we can provide service and support for our clients. Harbor House has always been so much more than just a building in your community. When you drive by, we urge you to consider all of the self-confidence, healing, trust, love, and hope that is being built inside our walls.
“The things I have witnessed and endured will forever be a part of my history, however, they no longer define me or my future – a huge part in thanks to my Children and Youth Advocate and the services provided to me (and still to me)by Harbor House’s Children and Youth Program.”
-a thriving childhood survivor
Many people believe that if they want/need our support, that they need to stay in our shelter – this is not true. We are here 24/7 to answer your questions, offer support, and to provide our services. All of our services are free and confidential. Please reach out to us, we want to support you and your loved ones, 920-832-1667.