Thank you for being the hope.
With more than 30 years of experience and compassion supporting us, Harbor House is well positioned to be a trusted, safe and inspiring partner with a bold and hopeful vision in ending domestic violence.
As generous supporters and community members, you ensure that abuse does not hold anyone back from living the best, most fulfilled life. Your generosity also help us eliminate domestic abuse through prevention, education and support.
Building Hope: Our Campaign Outcomes
Increased our capacity to provide confidential and safe shelter.
- Increased bed capacity to 67 with private rooms for families
- Added quiet waiting rooms for clients that come to us in crisis
- Created a safe, outdoor courtyard for clients to enjoy and relax
Increased our capacity to serve.
- Added counseling rooms, small meeting rooms and wellness spaces
- Redesigned the set up of our front office to allow for crisis call to be answered in quiet, confidential space.
- Added office space so that advocates can meet privately with clients
- Built a dog run and shelter and added a cat room to serve clients and their furry family members
Increased our capacity to collaborate with other community resources for our clients.
- Added an advocacy center that includes public offices and spaces to collaborate with outside organizations that provides services to our clients.
- Added an exam room that will allow nurses, chiropractors, doctors, etc. to come to us, allowing for better trauma-informed care.
See some of our new spaces!
Join our Community of Hope
Join our passionate community of change makers who are working hard every day to empower communities to be free from domestic abuse through safety, knowledge, and engagement.
When you give monthly, you put your gift to work year round.
Share your passion, make a difference and stand up to support individuals and families in the Fox Valley who have and are experiencing the hardships of domestic abuse.
Become a Volunteer
Our programming and services would not be possible without the support of our amazing group of volunteers. Harbor House volunteers come from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common – the desire to use their unique talents to improve the lives of domestic abuse survivors in their community.