Harbor House Collaborations and Special Projects
JumpStart Social Innovation Project
For survivors of domestic abuse, a lack of reliable transportation provides a significant challenge to achieving and maintaining self-sufficiency. In order to remove this obstacle, we’ve partnered with Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services and Fox Valley Technical College’s J.J. Keller Transportation Center to launch the first -of-its-kind, female-focused garage.
The JumpStart Advantage
- Offers domestic abuse survivors access to affordable car repair and maintenance by using the profits from full paying customers to offset the costs for survivors.
- Introduces women to career opportunities in the auto repair industry. These in-demand careers command wages that allow families to become economically self-sufficient.
- Offers education on car repair and maintenance to help those intimidated by car repair shops.
Voices of Men
In 2007, Christine Ann Center, Harbor House, Reach Counseling, and Sexual Assault Crisis Center gathered Fox Valley men together for a Men’s Summit. Inspired by this summit, a group of 40 men who wanted to do more formed Voices of Men with the goal of building a community where boys are taught healthy manhood and men treat all people with dignity.
Economic Advocacy Collaboration
In order to advance the economic independence of women, Harbor House, COTS, Inc., and Housing Partnership of the Fox Cities came together to create a full-time Economic Advocate position. The Economic Advocate works intensely with local businesses, existing community partners, and domestic abuse victims to enhance their financial self-sufficiency.
POINT (Poverty Outcomes and Improvement Network Team)
Harbor House is participating in POINT (Poverty Outcomes and Improvement Network Team), an 18-month initiative funded by the Basic Needs Giving Partnership. POINT applies continuous improvement methodologies to strengthen existing poverty reduction efforts, address service gaps, and measure the progress of efforts to reduce poverty in the region.
Harbor House Partners
- Appleton Area School District
- Appleton Police Department
- Boys & Girls Club of the Fox Valley
- Brillion Nature Center
- Brillion School District
- Calumet County District Attorney’s Office
- Casa Clare
- Catalpa Health
- Children, Youth, and Family Services
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services
- Citizen Review Panel
- COTS, Inc.
- Deaf Unity
- Early Childhood Coalition
- Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin
- Fox Cities Building for the Arts
- Fox Cities Housing Coalition
- Fox Valley Technical College
- Fox Valley Youth Worker Coalition
- Fox Valley-Oshkosh Anti-Violence Project
- Goodwill of North Central Wisconsin's LGBT Partnership
- Guardian Ad Litem Review Team
- Hilbert School District
- Housing Partnership of the Fox Cities
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
- Lutheran Social Services
- NEW Mental Health Connection
- Officer-Involved Domestic Violence Policy Team
- Out of School Time Coalition
- Outagamie County Child Protective Services
- Outagamie County Death Review Team
- Outagamie County District Attorney’s Office
- Outagamie County Human and Sex Trafficking Steering Committee
- Outagamie County Parent Resource Program
- Reach Counseling Services
- Riverview Gardens
- Sexual Assault Crisis Center – Fox Cities
- Voices of Men
- YMCA of the Fox Cities